Smoked Chicken or Turkey Enchilada Casserole
- 1 lb diced chicken or turkey
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 8 (8in) corn tortillas (flour can be used as an alternative)
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated cheddar or monterey jack cheese or mix (use more for cheesier enchiladas)
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 (15 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 (4 ounce) canchopped green chillies
- In a frying pan, sauté onion in oil over medium-high heat until tender.
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan; stir in flour to make a roux; stir and cook until bubbly; gradually whisk in chicken broth then bring to boiling, stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat; stir in chicken or turkey and the sour cream and green chilies.
- Lay half of the tortillas in bottom of casserole dish.
- Pour half the mix evenly over corn tortillas.
- Cover liberally with cheese leaving about 3/4 cup for toping.
- Top with remaining tortillas then the rest of the enchilada mix.
- Cover with remaining cheese (about 3/4 cup) (baking dish may be double-wrapped and frozen at this point) and bake at 400F for 20 minutes until cheese is melted and sauce near edges of baking dish is bubbly.
There are no products to list in this category.
Copyright © 2010-2013, Sawtooth Pellet Grills.
All rights reserved.