Recipe Collections - Sawtooth Pellet Grill
The Cheaters Way To KCBS Pulled Pork
The reason you want all meats except poultry and fish at room temp is to allow the meat to relax. or soften up the longer this meat sits in sauce the better it is and it will start to carmelize it
- 10 + lbs of boston butts or shoulder
- myron mixonsbutt rub or john henrys maple walnut rub / apple or cherry or your favorite butt rub
- a bottle of white viniger
- two bottles of KC masterpiece hicory brown sugar 32 oz
- 1/2 gal of apple juice
- chilie flakes and turbinado sugar
- two disposable 6inch half chafing pans
- Take your butts rub them with white vinager then apply your rub and sugar as well as chilie flakes let sit in fridge till bed time
- On a safe counter space or cold oven place your butts to get to room temp
- Set grill to low temp like 180-
- Place butts on grill for two hours
- Put BBQ sauce and apple juice in pan bring to a slow boil and simmer for 15-20 min
- Set pork temp to 300 for three hours
- Fill the two half sheets half way with sauce mixture
- Cut off 4-5 inch chunks of meat
- If there is a bone use it as well
- Submerge in sauce and kick temp to 350
- After 1-1.5 hours you will be able to shread it with two pairs of tongs
There are no products to list in this category.
Copyright © 2010-2013, Sawtooth Pellet Grills.
All rights reserved.